Monday 20 September 2021

Words !

 Words, 

I leave them on my pillow, 

some I drop near my office desk,

A few I scribble on my mirror,

Some are lining my eyes using that kohl,

Many are on the walls of my heart,

Quite some are scattered outside our room,

Some visit in my dreams to have a conversation in the middle of the night,

They trickle down on the window pane when it rains,

During prayers, some are caught between my folded hands,

Some appear on the food plate, with forks,

In the folds of the clothes he wears, they are hidden,

Holding onto the window curtains, a few are always hanging,

Wrapped in the unused gift papers, a few are waiting to be seen,

Not knowing how they reached there, many are on his lips,

The pen inside my diary, keeps playing with a few,

Wondering why they don't get noticed, some get crushed daily under the rolling pin,

The shopkeeper returns a few to me, with the exact change he sometimes has,

Lost are little of those in the documents I complete everyday,

My son, sends some to me when he smiles during a busy day,

Dancing are a few found inside my friends message,


Words, many are everywhere, from what I chose,


Words, I need to collect them, before I write one of those!!


- © Hirinder

No comments:

Post a Comment